Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pin It Wednesday #54

So that I don't forget to pass this deal along to you: here's the link to an embroidery deal for $9.99 for 50 different fonts.  My Bernina uses .ART format, but this site doesn't include that format.  I did some research and found a page at embroidery.com that lists all the brands of machines and the different formats that each one uses.  The link directly to that page is here.   





I finally decided to purchase .PES format to test whether I can get it to work on my machine.  Thus far I've downloaded the files and put them into one folder on my laptop.  Tomorrow I will transfer the files to my old desktop computer to test them.  If it works well (and without too much frustration) I'll try to setup the laptop so that I can work from here rather than the desktop.  That computer is extremely slow and outdated, but I've tried other laptops without success.  

And now for Pin It Wednesday...some organization ideas for home and studio:

smart

studio.

Much better than counter or cabinet! Brilliant! I am doing this! Saves germ exchange since they will have their own "spot" too! And floss sticks will no longer roll around in the drawer! thanks for sharing! If only I had drawers in my bathroom.  LOVE IT!!


batting rack

From my "fine art, masterpiece" board: a few fine art pins because I've added about 100 pins to this board in the last couple of days.  It's easily my most-pinned board with 1000+ pins, most of which are of paintings from the great masters. 

An Early Victorian - 69½ X 33½ in.  by   William Logsdail, R.B.C. (1859-1944)

Winter Muff

Edwin Henry Landseer, Portrait of Rachel Russell

Rose-Adélaïde Ducreux, Self-Portrait with a Harp, 1790.

A Testing Question, Frederick Morgan.

The Orchard by Thomas Cooper Gotch, 1887

Jozef Israëls (Dutch Realist painter, 1824-1911) Mother and Child by the Sea

Оксана Кравченко. Утро

Victor Gabriel Gilbert Picking Flowers Painting

❦ Victor Gabriel Gilbert, Le Marche des Fleurs, 1880

The Milliner on the Champs Elysées  ARTIST: Jean Béraud  COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: France;soyouthinkyoucansee

Laura Coombs Hills


Aren't they stunningly beautiful?  Imagine the art and talent needed to paint the crystal glasses in this last painting.  How fine a brush is needed to paint the roses on the teapot and cup?  I hope you enjoyed these.  Visit my Pinterest board if you'd like to see more fine art works.  
Mary

No comments: