Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pin It Wednesday #58

It's time to get back to my blogging routine.  I lost my computer charger and now that we've spent $50+ to replace it, I'm back in business.  Believe me, I could kick myself for that loss, but it's time to move on.  

That said, I thought you might enjoy seeing some of the darling little art quilts I found just before "the big loss."  

130127 Tokyo International Quilt Fair-60 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Tamarack Shack: Seasonal Banner

Anna Hergert - deconstructed quilt

blue butterfly delphinium by Margo Fiddes

Miami Threads: "Generosity" by Judy Momenzadeh
This one is especially unusual.  You have to really look at it to see that the hibiscus in the center actually extends out to the edges of the quilt, even past the first frame or two.  How unusual and artistic is that?

International Quilt Shows  -  Travel Photos by Galen R Frysinger, Sheboygan, Wisconsin Titled The Old Homestead

“Dream House” is an art quilt in response to Winchester Artists Network 2005 challenge to create a donated theme work to be sold at auction. From the artist: "A dream house means many things to many people. I hope the images in this quilt are a stimulus to consider what it means to you."

by Yukari Takahara, author of Story Quilt Just a perfect little town!
Family Tree by Osami Gonohe, detail. 2013 Tokyo International Quilt Festival, photo by A Quilter By Night

URBAN OWLS By Wendy Williams
Blue Twig by Melody Johnson Quilts, via Flickr

fiber art by Larkin Van Horn - quilting, beading...love the colors!

image

Rhythm Found

"Sky" by Andi Perejda

Animal Quilts at the International Quilt Shows  -  Travel Photos by Galen R Frysinger, Sheboygan, Wisconsin

Most of these seem to be smaller quilts, but it's difficult to tell the size exactly.  That's one of the problems with Pinterest.  Well, that and the missing or broken links.  I can't believe that I was so gun-shy when I first discovered Pinterest and now I have couple of boards with 1000+ pins!  I suppose I got over my trepidation.  Go by and visit my "heart, quilts" board and take a look.

And if you'd like to see even more pins of fine art paintings, visit my "fine art, masterpiece" board.
  
Happy Pinning,
Mary

No comments: