Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: GRANDS

I don't often do this, but this weekend I've been inspired to sew for the grandchildren.  The little girls are getting skorts, for which I made the pattern, and Jolie is getting shorts because she lives in them and hers, well, they are getting a tad too short since she shot up a couple of inches.


I used to love making these kinds of dresses for the older kids, but they were rarely worn, and require lots of work for the maker.
Flora and Henri children's clothing | 100 Layer Cakelet

So now I make "fun" things that don't take so much time and expensive trims.  I still love these fancy little dresses, though.

smocked children's clothing

#Pattern #Sara's #Skort sizes 38 children s by GabbysQuiltsNSupply, $14.00

girl - activewear - active skort | Children's Clothing | Kids Clothes | The Children's Place

And so, last week I took a little break from quilting and made a couple of skorts for two of the little grands.  They loved their new skirts and wore them to a birthday party on the day we delivered them.  I hope to steal some more time for sewing this week, but as we get closer to EOC testing, it's getting more difficult to work up the energy. 



I plan to let these darling smiles inspire me to make a few more things for them and to add a couple of items for Marley, also. Can't leave anyone out!Happy sewing, 
Mary

No comments: