Monday, September 1, 2014

Exhaustion!

Remember that I told you I'd be spending part of the Labor Day Weekend helping with the house renovations?  That's what I did.  I've cleaned quite a bit to save the workers from using their time on that--lots of sweeping up dust!  Then today I worked on my mosaic runner for the foyer.  Rather, I should say IN the foyer, it's part of the floor but is supposed to look like a rug.  I'm not sure it does, but I am sure that I love it!



Okay, so I'm showing photos but keep in mind that it's a work in progress and the progress is still on-going, so it will look better after I grout. Mostly though, the pics are meant to show you how much fun I had.


And, of course, if I can--you can!  So I'll post a tutorial later in the week, after all the grouting is completed.  In the meantime, visit Stitch by Stitch for Marelize's "Anything Goes Monday" post.  She has 45 link ups from around the world.  (Yesterday's Sunday Quilt Inspiration is #29.)  Plus, she has great photos of her studio.

2 comments:

Kaja said...

What a great idea and I love how it is looking. How clever.

Mary Marcotte said...

Thanks, Kaya. The guys will come in tomorrow to grout and I'm hoping that they get the all of it done. I'm ready to move back into my living areas. Of course, then we'll start on the bedrooms and bathrooms. But no complaints....I'm loving the updated look! And, except for my "rug," I haven't lifted a finger :0