Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pin It Weekly #82

Okay, so I've been on a reading binge lately.  I do that.  I start reading and it's as if I'll never get to lay hands on another book. 


Ever.  Never ever.  For the rest of my life.
Books, books, books!  :)

Well, when that happens---nothing else happens.  

I read.

How many have you read?

I read some more.


I read anything, everything.

«Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd tow'rs, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on; and our little life Is rounded with a sleep.»

I read other people's mail.

I read my bank statement!  (but not the numbers)

Dewey Decimal System visuals

I just read.

Cause, you know, I may never get to touch another word.  Or another piece of paper.  
for "the librarian"
Or another book.  How sad that would be.  

Too sad to consider, so I'll share some library/librarian humor (to put me in a happier mood) then go back to my book and just read.

Library Science! ~ via Mayfield Library

Kindle, Nook, Sony reader… I say, Hardwick, this sure is an impressive library. A cartoon by Jeffery Koterba, cartoonist, writer, and musician. ⇢ Credits and more info.

My kids will have such a different library experience than I had...

I'm a sucker for librarian humor.

Literary Selfies.....and the language continues to change. Is there any wonder that learning is sometimes difficult?

I read therefore I am...late for work.

Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself.

No comments: