Monday, October 13, 2014

Modern Mondays Once Again

I know, I know: its seems to have been forever since I last even mentioned modern or Monday! That's because I've been overwhelmed with school and grades.  I almost can not believe how crazy I feel at times.  Regardless, I have one little thing to report--I completed one block for the Louisiana Traveling Quilt project that I promised to work on.   


If you're interested in catching up with how much as been done and what the quilt tops look like so far, click here.  The link will take you directly to the Pinterest page for the La Traveling Quilt.  The most recent completed blocks have been uploaded so we can watch as our own quilts progress.

 

My block is this one: the LSU block in the upper right-hand corner. My idea was to include some purple and gold to work with the small purple and gold border above the Superdome.  I also wanted to add some of the light blue and white that appears throughout the quilt.

really wish you could see the paper-pieced fleur de lis!  They are fabulous.  


Did you wonder about the red stick next to the Superdome?  That would be the Baton Rouge stick....baton rouge is French for red stick.  Most Louisianans know the translation, but if you're not from around here...

Oh, the Cajundome is paper-pieced, also. As are the New Orleans street signs.   Well, actually the quilter embroidered the street name just the way the signs are written in NOLA, with the full street name in French in the white strip above the black.


I hope you've enjoyed Modern Monday.  I'll do my best to keep it going, but I could use some help: I welcome suggestions, pictures, and stories.  All you have to do is email me at mary.marcotte@gmail.com or comment here.  I'll contact you.  

Happy Quilting,

No comments: