Sunday, December 7, 2014

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: C R O S S E S

decorative wooden crosses | Handmade layered wood cross by SignsBYDebbieHess on EtsyI've been interested in making a cross quilt for a while now, and though I've made a block or two, I'd really like to begin working on quilt with lots of crosses.  So, I thought maybe it's time to begin looking for inspiration pieces.  


I've had a board, which I call "cross, crucifix" for quite a while but I haven't been pinning to it like I should.  So I decided to add some pretty crosses in different styles, colors and materials.  


Some of these I may have shown you before (apologies beforehand) but mostly I thought it would be a good idea to get a sense of what's out there and to begin to figure out what I like.

quilling

Decorative Clay Cross
decorative wooden crosses | Wooden Stacked Cross Plaque - Hanging Wall Cross - Cross Home Decor ...

monogrammed wooden cross

Christmas Wooden Cross Door Hanger
Cross Door Hanger

crucifix

I ran across this page of redwork crosses and decided to share them with you, just in case you are interested in redwork.

redwork crosses

Cross

Star cross with fleur de lis - a biblical symbol of the lily. †

stained glass cross

Blue Mosaic Cross Butterfly Vine Wall Hanging

Framed Mosaic Style Dichroic Fused Glass Cross by PureLightStudio, $95.00

decorated cross in fused glass

Cheetah Print Decorative Wall Cross by MadeWithLoveByLori on Etsy, $30.00
beautiful amazing grace cross

Cross

♥ for photos

DC038 Black and White Stacked Cross with Antiqued White Rose. $85.00, via Etsy.

Be Still & Know that I am God Red Textured cross canvas. $38.00, via Etsy. i want to make this
Decorative Burlap Wood Wall Cross by MadeWithLoveByLori on Etsy. I LOVE these!!! @Jenna Nelson Burton .... Make me this!!! Lol

And so some quilts with crosses on them for even more inspiration.

This might work for Taylor - or even just as a new quilt for the living room.

Black and White Cross Quilt

St. George's Cross. {A Baby Quilt} Made by Erica Sage of Craftyblossom

{Cross Quilt}

Prayer Cloth Patterns | Pattern - Filet Prayer Cloth from the Religious Free Crochet Patterns ...
cross quilt

Sweet Seasons of Life: LOG CABIN CROSS with instructions

quilt...: Pretty Little Things I've made this block for two groups. One was all blocks in light and dark greens and the other group used Modern Quilt fabric. Both were cool, as is this one.

Modern log cabin cross quilt. black and white striped binding










No comments: