Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: G U Y S and B O Y S

Ha! Too funny and so true!Yeah, sure.  Why not?  Guys and boys.  They need quilts, too.  And he will love you lots if, when you make a quilt for him, you make a masculine, really GUY, MAN quilt. 






Raising Boys (A Dad's advice to Moms). I thought this was great advice...especially hugging boys often!

30 rules for fathers of sons.....this literally made me cry.

things to do with babies under one

6 things about teenage boys all moms should know! http://www.ivillage.com/raising-teen-boys-masterminds-and-wingmen-book/6-a-546726

19 Things We Should Say to Our Children...absolutely LOVE this! Number 4 is something I need to memorize.

10 things I learned when I stopped yelling at my kids. Great parenting and relationship read. No one likes to be yelled at. No one.

5 Ways to Encourage Positive Sibling Relationships - Moments A Day

A List of Summer Activites for Teens to keep them busy, learning, happy and contributing to the family dynamics.

And the quilts for the guys and boys and men...
Triangle Series #12

Most of these quilts have dark gray colors.  If the guy in your life likes brighter colors, you might try mixing in a few of his favorite. 

"It's a Guy Thing", 1600 jelly roll quilt, by Corina at CW Quilts


Lella Boutique: FREE Hibernate quilt pattern is up. (And don't the Primo Plaids make a perfect choice for the manfolk?!)

man quilts | quilt for a man, masculine quilt, modern quilt pattern, guy quilt ...

Yay! The stripes on the fabric are straight! I thought I was the only one who is meticulous about stripes.  :-)

R2D2 Quilt - Collin would freak!

good guy quilt possible for @Charley Andrews ?

Baseball Quilt Tutorial free on Matt and Sheri at http://mattandshari.com/quilting/sewing-a-baseball-quilt-new.html

Stepping Stones pattern - love the colors of the homespun fabric in this quilt; black fabrics were used for the the centers....

Pockets - cute for little kids...

I have the shirts, now I have another quilt idea! from My Quilt Infatuation blogspot

Road Less Traveled - very cool!  Go to for pattern: http://shop.fabricsnquilts.com/Road-Less-Traveled-Quilt-Pattern-QD-RLT.htm

And to close, here are a couple of the quilts I've made for my guys or for someone else's guys.






Happy Quilting,

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Love the R2 and the baseball quilts - look great!

jenclair said...

Great quilts! And I love the definition of boy. :)