Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: hot air balloons

Hot air ballooning over the Spanish Pyrenees... Awesome! #travel #photography #adventure
It's hot, y'all!  No, you don't get it.  It's H-O-T, hot!  101 degrees yesterday--real temperature, not heat index factored in.  And people work.  Outside.  In the sun.  With no a/c.  
Those poor people.  I'm not one.  I mean, I could go out there and die, but honestly, I just don't.  It's HOT out there.  I brought ice water out to Richard because he was cutting grass and I feared the heat got to him, so he didn't have the sense to come in for water. My first idea was to go with a bucket of water and dump it on him. But instead I settled for a glass of ice water.  I told him standing out there in the sun that I may as well climb into the balloon part of a hot air balloon.  
I googled it--the inside of the "envelope" (that's the name of the balloon part) is hot.  How hot depends on several factors: the size of the envelope, how much weight is in the basket, how high the balloon needs to go, even where the balloon is traveling.

Napa Valley, Great place for a Hot Air Balloon Ride.  California more than just the Vineyards....

Hot air balloon ride with this gorgeous view!

A hot air balloon shaped as a pirate ship is in the air.

Hot Air Balloon ride: always been on my bucket list.

Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival hot air balloon

Patriotic Hot Air Balloon! #Pinterest Hot Air Balloons

Hot Air Balloon Ride

Travel Inspiration: Hot Air Ballooning Over Lake Tahoe.

Balloon Flight over Byron Bay

For more pictures of hot air balloons, go to Paula Baker's board on Pinterest, where she has over 200 stunning photos of balloons.  For now, though, it's time for the quilts and other fiber art...

Allow your imagination to wonder with a whimsical hot air balloon rug!
a rug
hot air balloon quilt for Hanna with removable animals!

Free Quilt Pattern Download

Time to Stitch..this is incredible!!!  If u know anything bout quilting u know how hard this had to be to put together!

Hot Air Balloons fabric by allisonkreftdesigns on Spoonflower - custom fabric
Spoonflower fabric
Aqua and gray baby quilt, elephant and hot air balloon

Quilted Mug Rugs Patterns | Hot Air Balloon Mug ... by SHDesigns | Quilting Pattern

Becky Litz - Unity Customer - PINTEREST CHALLENGE Entry
journal page
Drift Away - Hot Air Balloon Quilt I would want the balloon in a different color but omg I want it!!!

hot air balloon quilt. Maybe modify this to be like up

HOT AIR BALLOON QUILT                PC

Hot air balloon quilt

I love hot air balloons and quilting, so this quilt is right up my alley!

Hot air balloon quilt, will have to add something like this to my to-do list.  Just stunning

Hot Air Balloon Baby Quilt | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

HOT AIR BALLOON              PC  Custom Made Personalized Hot Air Balloon Baby Quilt. $200.00, via Etsy.

at #Festival of Quilts 2013

Happy Quilting,

1 comment:

Kaja said...

You're too hot, we are nowhere near warm enough! Where I used to live balloons went over all the time - you get to recognise the funny noise they make - it would often get me out of bed on a Sunday morning.