Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: S U E S S (as in Dr.)

Yesterday I asked for a rain check for Sunday Quilt Inspiration because I was exhausted after preparing for testing all afternoon and night. So tonight I'll do my best to catch up. 
Front
I also mentioned that my sister pointed out this cute cup on FB.  It's the beginning inspiration for tonight. Join me and Dr. Suess, will you?
Giant Oh The Places You'll Go Sign by SwitzersSweets on Etsy:

A fun craft project for Read Across America Day! Directions and photos here: http://scarlettapress.blogspot.com/2013/03/happy-read-across-america-day.html#

Free Print of the Week: The Lorax-Inspired Earth Day Coloring Page | bydawnnicole.com

I will never forget when my high school English teacher read this book to us on the day of graduation. Not a dry eye in the room!

Dr. Seuss Makes Reading Fun Photo Booth Party Props - 19 Piece Set

Pre-K Tweets: free printable Dr. Suess fish!
dr suess classroom door decor - Bing Images

Dr. Suess footprint crafts for kids - cat in the hat & thing 1 and thing 2

Definitely wearing this to school as soon as I get it! http://teespring.com/e46f_g1_3188?abq=121622&FB=Pin

Dr. Suess

And some quilts!
Robert Kaufman  Fabrics is a wholesale converter  of quilting fabrics and textiles for manufacturers as well as a supplier to  the retail, quilting, home decor, bridal, uniform, and apparel industries.  Established in 1942.

dr suess quilt - I know and have this pattern. This is a must!

Dr. Seuss quilt. Maybe have each student draw a scene from their favorite Dr. Seuss book and put them all together to create a classroom quilt.:


FREE pattern: Dr. Seuss paper-piecing block (Fandom in Stitches)

Cat in the Hat Quilt by Elise of Lovelea Designs

love this dr. suess bag!

Dr Suess Baby blocks  www.etsy.com/shop/happyheartofmine

Dr Seuss panel quilting

Dr Seuss Quilt: cute and simple pattern, I especially like since I have these fabrics

Wavy line, spiral line, line pattern, space foreground background middle ground near/far

Dr suess quilt

You have brains in your head, 
You have feet in your shoes, 
You can steer yourself any
     direction you choose.
                       Dr. Suess

1 comment:

Kaja said...

Even after all these years Dr Seuss still makes me smile (and I say that as someone who is currently being asked to read his books every night!)