Friday, May 6, 2016

Family Finishes

Most of the sewing I managed this week had to do with family honey-do projects, including one May crown for a little kindergarten cutie.  Her mom planned to order one from a well-know flower shop near her work...then she found out the price and decided that Grandmay could maybe do something.       

Of course, I had all the necessary items except the fresh white flowers.  Since the May Crowning Mass was this morning, I put the crown together yesterday afternoon and showed Jenny how to store it on a plate in the fridge to keep it from turning brown. 







Jenny also asked that I hem some new pants that she bought over the weekend so that she'd have one new item to wear to mass.  That was an easy project since I needed to take it up only a few inches.



The last finish is this pretty black dress that Meggan need repaired. She had a seam "malfunction" because it had been sewn with a too narrow seam allowance and the sheer fabric pulled apart. I ended up having to take the seam in some to catch fabric. 



Once I did, I added a zigzag stitch to help keep the fabric from unraveling. I was a little worried about how the seam would look but, now that it's finished, I'm satisfied with the results.



I have no doubt that this dress is stunning on Meggan. It's a beautiful A-line in black with a sheer lace overlay. The ¾ length sleeves look great and have tiny silver buttons. Meggan is tall and svelte, so she can wear anything and this dress is beautiful at the onset. 

So those are my finishes for this week. What have you been working on?


Linking up with

and

4 comments:

Karen S said...

There is always "something" that needs doing for someone!!
The May crown is lovely.

quiltedfabricart said...

What a beautiful happy little girl! She's lucky to have you and you her,I'm sure ;-)

Preeti said...

Her smile says it all. She looks adorable and that crown is just the perfect embellishment. If I was closer to you, you would get Honey-Does from me too.
I hope your blue quilt turns out to your satisfaction. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It means so much to me. Hugs, Preeti.
http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com

Mary Marcotte said...

Thank you, everybody. She certainly is beautiful and her little crown fit in perfectly with all the other, very expensive, ones. Her mom was very happy to save about $40 though, and I enjoyed making something special for our little redhead.