Sunday, May 29, 2016

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: O R A N G E

I'm going through an orange spell. I picked up a few orange pieces on a recent shopping spree and have found myself gravitating toward a very pretty stack of orange fabrics recently. So on that note, I thought it appropriate that we look at a little orange inspiration. Maybe even make an orange quilt...though a quilt totally in orange might be a bit much to take in.

As always, first a bit of inspiration....
Throwing a shower soon? Bookmark this!


I wish I could have helium and put together a bouque so beautiful at the beach and have the wind not blow!: *ORANGE ~ Buttons. Make me think of my Grandma Bunnie. She would play, "button, button, whose got the button" with us kids and we loved it.:






mosaic....I love any mosaic I've seen and it is something I should put on my bucket list as I'd love to learn how to do it.:

Orange"Tree of Orange", Sterling, MA:

peel an orange! the smell of citrus is a simple way to give a space a cleansing boost. it also stimulates our minds + lifts moods. #simpleshui:


Isn't she adorable?  Reminds me of a cute couple I met in Moab, Utah.  They had the tiniest orange & navy Boler trailer named "The Ritz."  I wonder where Chris & Mokie are now ...    Orange camper:

Color coding books. Orange, orange, orange, um... you catch my drift.: Change the orange to red and it's a go - oh, add about 3 more inches to the hemline. Hahaha!:


And next, quilts!
Seriously Orange Tonal Lob Cabin Quilt by | Linda Miller:

Creamcicle Beveled Block. I am in love with this quilt, but I don't know if I have the patience to make it.Optical illusion - how cool is this!



Half squares     L' Fair Quilts: Stash Report and EQ Layout of Stars

Orange String Quilt wide white stripes.  Do narrow white stripes with multi colors & flowers at intersections for Carly's quilt.

Hand pieced orange and black quilt machine by donnabyington, $325.00

Such a simple design. Very easy to make. Great use for fat quarters.Baby quilt -poppy baby/ wall art quilt "Poppies Full of Sunshine'' poppies in bright reds and oranges on yellow READY TO SHIP



Seaside Stitches: Disappearing Orange Peel

Diamonds in the Deep - I love the ombre effect that this pattern creates, just gorgeous in the orange too!isosceles quilts.




Carpe Quiltem. Love the different grays with orange


I don't know about you, but I was not expecting to find many quilts in a mostly orange color scheme! There are many more than these ten or so, if you're willing to search for orange and another color. Orange combined with black, teal, and blue seem to be the most popular after orange and white.  One place to look for inspiring quilts is my Pinterest board "heart, quilts."

No comments: