Monday, September 25, 2017

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: Peacocks

Nature Photography: Peacock Feathers                                                                                                                                                                                 MoreHave you checked on oddities in the form of quilts? I mean, peacocks are not that common, but they sure do inspire. Perhaps it's the color, the wonder of their mating dance, or just the beauty and grace of the bird. Whatever it is, it works! Here are a few of the more colorful Pinterest peacocks.


Peacock. When I was a kid, there were wild peacocks near the local library. One day Dad & I came out and one was on top of our car! (We went back to the library for a while so he could go away.)

MAJESTIC BEAUTY OF INDIAN BLUE PIED PEAFOWLwww.SELLaBIZ.gr ΠΩΛΗΣΕΙΣ ΕΠΙΧΕΙΡΗΣΕΩΝ ΔΩΡΕΑΝ ΑΓΓΕΛΙΕΣ ΠΩΛΗΣΗΣ ΕΠΙΧΕΙΡΗΣΗΣ BUSINESS FOR SALE FREE OF CHARGE PUBLICATION

...BEAUTIFUL COLORS!  -  Pinned 3-26-2015.

The PIEBALD PEACOCK is the result of a genetic mutation. The meaning of piebald is that areas are left unpigmented while other areas are of normal coloration. It is a partial albinism. The color of this peacock may seem strange; however, it is beautiful.Beautiful Peacock by: Miss keeper                                                                                                                                                                                 More

Peacock-what can you NOT do with log cabin blocks?I'm guessing you didn't know there are so many beautiful peacock-inspired quilts. I certainly didn't. In fact, I didn't know that peacocks come in so many rich, jewel-toned colors. 

I haven't the faintest clue what brought me to this idea in the first place. Whatever it was, I'm thrilled that I decided to see if there are, indeed, enough to create a post. 

Peacock, embellished art quilt, at Metaphor in Fabric



Enchanted Plumes FREE Quilt Pattern - personalize your own at http://www.equilter.com/pattern/594/enchanted-plumes
Art Panel-APM604R-Peacock - Peacock

Rami Kim's "Queen Peacock"... I don't have an OMG Quilt Board.  But if I did this would be on it.   xxxx

Kathleen Quilts: Peacock Feathers                                                                                                                                                                                 More
Kathleen Quilts--oh my! These feathers!


http://www.newleafpatterns.com-could be almost perfect for my bannerA Quilt and A Prayer: Quilting the Peacock!

Peacock

BIRD QUILT.........PC


There are enough bird quilts for a post. Don't you find it just a little surprising that there are so many quilts inspired by peacocks? I've decided that I can't choose a favorite. I like them all too much! Although I will say, I'll be back to look at the quilting on Kathleen Quilts' photo. Those feathers are stunning!

No comments: