Sunday, January 7, 2018

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: SCRAPS

Normally I would show actual scraps--piles of scraps--but those are not really a thing on Pinterest.  We'll just have to be happy with scrap projects to see the scraps. But after that, we'll take a look at some actual scrap quilts. Does that make sense? 

20  Fabric YoYo ProjectsThis gorgeous keychain is made with colorful, vintage kantha fabric, wound into a fringed tassel. Attach it to your keys, or we love it clipped to your favorite wallet or purse! - Approx. length 6" -

O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree...

Paint a canvas gray, and cut up pieces of scrap fabric to make this sort of Chrysanthemum!

Teeny mice from reclaimed fabrics with TUTORIAL (A LOT of pics!) - HOME SWEET HOME / Catnip mice! Reason #512 to (learn to) use my sewing machine.

Have Fabric Scraps? Here’s 21 Ways to Use Them Up! – How Does SheMade by Me. Shared with you.: Tutorial: DIY Cord Keeper From Fabric Scraps

Clever idea for fabric scraps and orphan buttons.

Fabric scrap matching game - Do it the fastest way, zig-zag applique all the "matches" to the solid before cutting, then zig-zag around them onto the background in a grid, leaving space between for more cutting. Cut with pinking shears.Better late than never right?  I promised this to you by the end of last week and then just couldn't get it done.  Ah well, onward...

Vintage caravan trailer ornament, handmade from felt and decorated with fabric scraps. With tiny felt bunting and buttons for the wheel and door knob.Colors are

http://patchworknplay.blogspot.com/2017/05/simply-new.html

scrap quilt - Google Searchscrappy quilt idea

String pieced half square triangles - another great scrap quilt! So simple yet cute and not too busy. Great use of scraps.

This is such a simple way to make a wonderful quilt while using up all those leftover strips.Finish It Up Friday ~ Scrappy Rectangles! | KatyQuilts

This is a fun strip-pieced quilt made by patty of the Kansas City Modern Quilt Guild.

Confessions of a Fabric Addict - Love this layout with all the scraps!!A great way to use scraps. Thin strips sewn together and then cut with a 60 degree ruler.

Welcome to finish it up Friday! Thanks for all the wonderful comments on my epic quilt top ! I appreciate each and every one!    Once again,...

All sizes | Fabrics N Quilts Scrap Quilt Challenge 2012 !! another view . | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
  
Are you inspired to get those scraps out? How do you sort them? Wait, do you sort them? If so, by color, size, theme, line, what? I really want to hear from you. I mean, geez, very few of you ever leave me a comment.  I like comments. And I love my bloggy friends. Today is a good day to leave a comment. Okay?

4 comments:

Shelia said...

My scraps are sorted by color. Pics show some very creative uses for scraps.

Sherry said...

Hey Mary!

My scraps are not sorted...they are in a basket...but they are pressed and stacked. Well, for the most part.

But, I am hoping that this year will see a major reduction in their number......so maybe there will be more eye candy on my own blog...at least once I get that pink & green monster done.

Have a happy day.

Mary Marcotte said...

Can't wait to see your pink and green monster all finished up. You know it will beautiful!
Anyway way that you store scraps is good long as it works for you. I'm beginning to cut some yardage into 2 1/2" strips and storing them separately. Not sure why, but it seems like a good idea. 😉

Anonymous said...

I sort everything by size. I cut scraps into the biggest square I can using my accuquilt go then put them in plastic boxes by size. When I have enough to make a quilt, everything is ready.
Debbie