Saturday, September 22, 2018

Bipolar 4: Connection {an art quilt series} finished!


If you've been following my blog for a while, you know that I have Bipolar Disorder and that I've been trying to work through the emotions and problems of the disease. An art quilt series seemed appropriate for the task, so I started one back in May or June. Because I decided to hand quilt the first couple of quilts and machine quilt others, I am finishing them in a bipolar sort of order. Well, what did anyone expect?



This is number four, Connection, in the series. As I go along I'm researching ways to overcome the many challenges of Bipolar 1. It's not easy to keep up with them all. But this is giving me time to think, pray and meditate about living with a disease that will never be cured. One of the reasons that it's become such a big issue is that since I've retired, I begun sharing this information with others.



My family has known for a few years. I told Richard the day that I received the diagnosis. But I. I have always known that there is something different in my system. I figured out part of the puzzle when I finally saw a doctor and began taking antidepressants. But even the meds didn't "fix" everything.


Eventually I got the diagnosis and received medicine specifically suited for BD. I've researched the symptoms, the medicines, therapies, and so on. Even so, everyday seems to bring something new. 

Now I'm trying to include some of the strategies that have worked for others. That's how I've gotten here. And hopefully it will lead me forward.   


Look for other quilts in the series here:

Bipolar  {an art quilt series} 



And, visit the Bloggers Quilt Festival at Amy's Creative Side to post your own quilt finish--but hurry because it ends tomorrow. Want some inspiration? There are over 150 blogs posted thus far! 



3 comments:

somethingrosemade14@blogspot.com said...

Mary, I did not know about your BD and don't know what to say except that I'm glad we've become friends on blogland and always appreciate your comments. Your art pieces are striking and inspiring and I can see these hanging on your wall. Thanks for sharing.

Barb said...

I love your piece and I love that you are open about your disorder. It gives hope to many and being open is very brave.
I wish you all the best in your ongoing journey to live a happy and balanced life!

Karen S said...

Lovely to see your series continue.
I enjoy seeing each one.