Sunday, September 2, 2018

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: CLOUDS

When real life objects seem meaningless,vlouds of varying colours and shapes become significant.Aren't clouds just beautiful? All floaty and soft and colorful. I love to look at the sky. And to enjoy the clouds. Just a few days ago Richard and I were driving through a threatening storm. The clouds were pink and coral on our east and, toward the south, dark purplish gray with lighter and darker grays mixed in. 


Immediately I saw a dragon in the dark grays and Richard found a dog in the east. My dragon lasted for several minutes but his dog morphed into a bunny and then a fantastical flower that surely Dr. Suess drew out. 

Do you share such an imagination? It's a fun way to appreciate God's glory. 


But there's no such thing as a completely fresh start.  Everything new arrives on the heels of something old, and every beginning comes at the cost of an ending.  Jennifer E. Smith




"Where there is no vision the people perish."  ~ Proverbs 29:18storm cloud and lightning

Not as easy as I'd hoped, here are a few quilts that I found that might have a bit of clouds or sky in them. Then ending with a couple of pantos to finish up. 

Mein Quilt für Japan | Von Ursula Gottschall

After the Rain - Judith Reece

Etsy alphabetmonkey little cloud crib quilt gray/white

Alison Schwabe: Flowlines

white cloud stitchery

Cumulus quilting - amazing!

dense quilting - great sky and clouds - Angela Walters, you've done it again!

Rain by Blue Nickel Studios. Check the link to read about my Rain Quilt and a little chatter about being "happy sad" and lots of water coming down.

I had a vision for this quilt that I wanted something light and airy that reminded me of fresh white laundry hanging on a clothesline – lots of whites and light greys and nothing else. There …

Modern Quilt in Gray and White Flying Geese Pattern. Custom Order.  Ask about other sizes too.

Product

Image result for cloud quilting pattern


1 comment:

Kaja said...

I love watching clouds, though I've never found a dragon. :-)