Sunday, September 30, 2018

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: N U M B E R S //past posts\\

As I was thinking of today's quilt inspiration post, I found that it's becoming quite difficult to find new ideas. I've been keeping a list of ideas for several years, but haven't added to it in quite a long time. And the ideas still on the list are pretty lame. 

Minick & Simpson: big stitch quilting of Nightingale.....

This afternoon it occurred to me that I have several posts that are popular and I could try to revisit a few of those in the hopes that inspiration would come to me soon. So the next few weeks will revisit some of the posts that have generated interest. 


"Sunday Quilt Inspiration: N U M B E R S" was a wildly popular post from 2014 that is surprisingly popular even now four years later. 

One of my favorite quilts from that post is this pretty nine-patch red and white. The maker certainly knew what to do with her needle when it came to quilting this beauty. 

Other quilts that would fit into that board today include

sternwerfer

1 patch wonder with the occasional square within the blocks 


HST block alternating with 9-patch HST block also in red and white
Martingale - Simple Joys of Quilting, The eBook   



And a few more 9-patch sort-of quilts just for fun.
Wow, you guys. This quilt has been a looooong time coming! I started writing it a few months ago, finally made time for it after the Shieldmaiden Quilt, and after a very long drive, got the picture…tamara kate origami oasis starry migration quilt
Quilt Made to Order I am now booking May 2018 as a start date Ohio Star Black and White This quilt is even more beautiful in person!! I use Kona Cotton Black and Kona cotton White for the top of the quilt and the backing. It is queen size 90”x90” The Star blocks are 13” If youPatchwork Plaid Quilt Twin Plaid Homespun Fabrics Quilt Made By Lauren Applebee Patchwork Plaid Baby Bedding Plaid Patchwork Bedding


Can you find the 9-patches?
Little Women Quilt Pattern


This is my guess. What do you think? 

No comments: