|Detail of the back...just enough |
pattern to make the worst of
the quilting less noticeable.
This one serves in all manner of challenges: the Cotton Quilters' Guild block-of-the-month, in which different quilters presented a block or two from January through July, and as the AHIQ "Red Is a Neutral" challenge.
With encouragement from Kaja and Ann at Ad Hoc Improv Quilts, I decided to combine the two. So here we are with, finally, a red quilt made from guild blocks.
|Detail of some of the feathers in the red sections.|
|Detail of some scrolls|
The quilt has an off-center medallion surrounded by 12 inch blocks. I decided to keep the quilting in the blocks simple since there's so much fancy stuff outside of them. I used an improv style and decided things as I drove the long-arm.
That is the best way for me to be really happy at the machine. Just play, figure it out as I trip along, change my mind. I often just stop somewhere along the way and search my phone, or cards, or books for new motifs. I've even walked to the bedroom to look at the quilt on my bed. That's my kind of improv!
Getting back to LINK UPS!
I've been missing out on link ups for a while but
decided to remedy that. At the same time
Alycia of the Alycia Quilts - Quiltygirl blog
is taking over Finished Or Not Fridays
from Myra at Busy Hands Quilts.
Best of luck, Alycia!