I can't believe I've finished this early. I actually finished last week which means that I'm a month ahead of deadline. Go us! Us because I didn't work alone. This was definitely a team effort.
Let's see if I can remember all the players (using first names only to protect the innocent). Deanna gets credit for the idea. And for roping me into the job. Plus, she worked extra hard getting signatures. Really, she deserves a reward.
Monica took pictures, printed them on fabric and embroidered the center block. She went above and beyond in the fabric printing. Goodness knows how much she spent on fabric and ink. But the end result shows her dedication to getting it just right.
Since Father loves red and white, it was easy to choose a color scheme and, knowing we wanted signatures, choosing a block was pretty easy also. I'd used this easy pattern before and knew that it would be fast going. After I sewed the blocks, I handed them off to Deanna who went all over the state (almost) getting signatures.
The backing is a combination of these gorgeous scripture panels that I bought when we were in Paducah for Quilt Week. I also bought a couple yards of footprints fabric to make up the difference, but that didn't quite make it, so I added a solid beige to make up the difference.
In the end I used up 6½ yards of red and white and about two yards of the neutral. The only cost I had was for the panels and the footprints in the sand fabric.
|Name:||Fr. Ibe's 50th Birthday Quilt|
|Size:||84 x 92|
|Fabrics:||fabrics from stash|
|Backing:||scripture panels, footprints, neutral|
|Binding:||red fabric from stash|
|Quilting:||straight-line quilting, SITD|
|Completed:||October 5, 2018|