Thursday, September 27, 2018

Long-arm Surgery

Ever wonder what the inside of a long-arm looks like? My Innova had a little exploratory surgery. 

First you have to find a good-looking husband with a knack for fixing things and knowledge for solving problems. 

So, there's Richard.


belts and gears in the backside

He took off all the covers except the one that hides the long-arm. Said it's just a metal rod and too much work just for a picture. Considering that I'd already knocked down his light source, I couldn't afford annoying him. 



brain and electrical on the side







rod that makes the needle
 move up and down
Apparently it needed just a little tinkering and a few adjustments. Less than a day of hunkering down with his mechanical mind in high gear. 

close-up of the electrical components


computer board
Way back in 2014 my poor machine sat open at the seams for an entire week. Oh the horror! I showed the inside workings of my Innova then, too. I don't think much has changed inside this machine. There wasn't even much dust--which amazed me the first time, also. The best news is that, according to the best repairman in the universe, we're back in business. I haven't even turned it on. I trust him that much. Plus, he guarantees the work!



4 comments:

Kaja said...

Boy those things are complicated inside! How lucky Richard's got the right sort of brain. :-)

Karen S said...

So lucky to have your own personal repair man!!

Mary Marcotte said...

Kaja, he actually said it's a very basic machine. Of course, now it's also obsolete. lol Anything 10+ years is! I asked about adding a computer but Innova said "no way."

Mary Marcotte said...

Yes! Yes, it is! And he's very accommodating