Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cotton Candy Kiddos

I mentioned here that our little Maltese, Candy, had puppies on Christmas Eve.  That means they were a week old on New Year's Eve and yesterday they made 10 days.  


I took a couple of pictures but didn't get to post them, so today's post is all about Cotton  and Candy's puppies.


They are getting quite fat.  Apparently Candy has lots of mother's milk.  I'm surprised what a good mother she is. 

I figure that instinct must have kicked in during birthing, because she certainly was not nesting beforehand.


We have both a male and a female puppy.  They seem to be healthy, and we have plans to take them to the vet's office at the end of the week for a general checkup and to begin shots when it's time to do so.  


Although their eyes are still not open, the little boy is curious about his surroundings.  He's escaped the puppy bed twice already!  We've had to push it against the wall so that he is restrained.  That's working for now, but I have a feeling that in another week both will be getting around.  My sister noted that it's just going to get "more interesting" with each day.  


I'm sure she's right, but aren't just the cutest?

2 comments:

daydreamsdustbunnies said...

Oh, they're so cute! I love puppies!

lambs and ivy designs said...

I just love those little babies!! I can't wait to see what all they get into! LOL!
hugs,
Dana