Saturday, May 5, 2012

Lola Pink, baby!

Photo from makeitperfect.com
Sweet Dreams pattern. 
I will soon have the pleasure of teaching a few sewing classes at 
Lola Pink Fabrics on The Boulevard in Lafayette.  Although Lola Pink is offering many classes, some in the mornings and evenings, my classes will be on Saturdays.  Since I teach all day and will have to drive a little over an hour, I chose to teach on Saturdays only for now.  

I'll be teaching the Make It Perfect Sweet Dreams pajama pants and had fun picking out fabric yesterday.  Today I cut and stitched my own version of the pj's using "Blue Birds" fabrics from Alegria by Cloud9 Geninne D. Zlatkis.  I picked up the pattern and fabrics from Lola Pink, but the elastic and ribbon came from my studio stash.



Didn't this fabric work really well for my project?  I fell in love with it the moment I saw it in the store.  I plan to pick up a plain tee to add a couple of fussy-cut appliques from the left over fabric to make a matching top.  Since I don't have a tee, that will have to wait till later in the week, but I think it will be worth the wait.  I really like these pj's and enjoyed making them.  

The entire project took only about one and a half hours, but that includes tracing out the pattern.  It comes in sections with printed patterns on both sides of the paper, so you can't cut into the paper.  

Instead, you have to trace the pattern onto freezer paper or, as I did, onto large sheets of newsprint.  I purchased an end roll from the local news paper office several years ago.  For $6 I got enough paper for many patterns.  I expect I have enough for at least 4-5 more years.  Definitely a worthwhile investment!  

Now when I'm ready to make another pair, the pattern is ready to go.  I'm thinking grand-daughters here!  You know how teens today love a funky pair of pj's!  What do you think?  Would you consider this project?  Leave a comment.....we haven't heard from you in a while!

3 comments:

Lisa Sipes said...

The next time I make it back to Lafayette, I WILL stop in at Lola Pink again! Congrats on the teaching gig!

Wholesale Betty Boop purses said...

i really appreciate your writing skills...It contains a quantity of information contained in this topic. Is ideal for the next generation. its really nice and have alot instructions realted to required site articles and blogs well i collect alot from here thanks for share it to me

Ventas de mayoreo en Los Angeles said...

What a fabulously beautiful bag! I would LOVE to win it....I adore project bags!!