Saturday, May 26, 2012

Summer has arrived!

 The temps are getting into the mid-90's here and the sun is wilting everything it touches.  I'm definitely not immune to it's effects as I've been fighting allergies and headaches for the past several days.  But somehow I managed to deliver Lindsey's quilt and once that happened, a couple of other seniors approached me to have quilts made.  Since Maggie brought her tee shirts in already, she will be the next one to receive a quilt.  

I managed to snap a few photos of Lindsey's quilt at school before she picked it up.  Star White, one of the teachers at school, offered to hold it up for me when she saw me struggling to get the quilt to hang on a decorative fence just outside the library.    There's a small memory garden with a few rose bushes that are definitely enjoying the heat and sunshine more than I am.



I'm hopeful that in a few weeks I'll be able to get back to my own sewing and quilting.  This fleur de lis quilt has been hanging on the design wall for several weeks.  I'd love to add to it and get it finished up.  My thought is that it will be a sampler quilt.  I'd discovered that sampler quilts are way more time-consuming than I'd expected.  I will make a few more blocks but then I'll probably wrap it up with a wide border of the focus fabrics.  I'm not feeling it the way I did when I was actually working on it.  I don't want it to become a UFO, so I'll try to get through with it as soon as I can.




Here's hoping that you're getting some sunshine in your little corner of the world.  If not, leave me a note and I'll send some of this brightness to you.....we definitely have enough to share!  And maybe you can send a little rain to us.


Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
Mary

No comments: