Friday, December 13, 2019

December is kicking it!


I am not keeping up with my crazy life. Here's a quick catch-up of the happenings since our return from Disney, starting with a fam photo (above) of the one day that we wore our WDW shirts, which I made using the Silhouette and heat press.


Two days after Disney, we held the Cotton Quilter's Guild Christmas party. As Madam President, I was in charge one last time, but Margaret (our incoming pres) was generous enough to take care of the food and details. Thanks, Maggie!  



Maggie is on the left here. Thanks girl!

We got back on Saturday and on Sunday I drove Richard's mom to Dollar Tree in Alexandria to do a little shopping and picked up table cloths and flowers. I needed centerpieces for Monday. Yeah, down to the wire. 

Dirty Santa (or White Elephant) game
 As soon as we returned, I thought about what to do with the little I'd bought and started digging through "my flower stuff." It turns out that I had some cotton stems salvaged from a BHS prom before retirement. Wow! I'd completely forgotten. And they were perfect! Cotton Quilters' and cotton centerpieces. Yay! 


Boxed up and ready to go.
I'd found these red containers and picked up six to serve as vases. A bit of sand (thanks to the old flowers from the cemetery) and they were heavy enough. So here we are! Just like that. Flower arrangements, and they didn't cost a fortune. Score! I love to find reusables in the studio. Save the earth, save a fortune!

Red poinsettias and green sprigs make up the bulk of the arrangement. A touch of gold adds some elegance and a stem of cotton makes it home. I had a roll of wide burlap ribbon that didn't get used for the cemetery flowers, so voila, it just worked. And just like that we had a party!

No comments: