Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Quilt Challenge Day 8

 This quilt is the result of needing to use up scraps, in this case neutrals. To give it some contrast, I toss in lots of browns and just a few grays. I present to you, "Muddy Waters." It kept reminding me of the bayous and ponds in our area. Places where we went crawfishing, back when we were young. These days, we buy a sack of crawfish to boil or go to a restaurant where other people do all the heavy lifting and the cleanup. "Muddy Waters" is all improv--my favorite way to piece a quilt. It's fun, stress-free, and I get to make things up as I go along. When I'm finished with an improv top, I always quilt it using improv--whatever comes to mind is what I quilt, and I make it up as I go. I love making a "mistake" that turns into another motif!


No comments: