Thursday, December 9, 2010

Just any Thursday night

I got the last two of the jumpers finished.  They didn't need much: ribbon and buttons.  Now that they are all finished, I plan to work on two projects: a onesie dress for Marley and a scarf with pockets for Dusti.  Jenny and Stacey both came by with fabric and ideas.  The strange thing though is that they had the exact same zebra print with hot pink trim.  It's not a huge surprise since zebra and hot pink are the big thing now, but it was a bit of a surprise that they shopped at different times and in different stores but still bought fabric from the Timeless Treasures line.  I may have to make something for  the other three girls and take a photo of everyone dressed in black/white/hot pink.  It would make a really cute picture.

One last thing to report is that I got my fabric from Connecting Threads.  I'm so excited to think about working with it.  I have tons of strips and hope to make a bargello quilt.  It will be my first bargello but I'm not very worried.  It should be fun to play and experiment.  I've looked for a few easy patterns and found tons of stuff on the internet.  There are so many sites with patterns and tutorials that it would be impossible to list them all.  Instead, here are a few that I found and plan to revisit later when I am ready to choose a pattern:

http://www.quiltville.com/scrapbargello.shtml
http://www.ehow.com/how_6769370_make-bargello-quilt.html
http://www.quilthowto.com/How_To_Make_Bargello_Quilt_-_Beginner_Quilting_Tips.html

There are also two sites I often visit for info:  www.quiltingboard.com and www.youtube.com both have great  tutorials.  Googling "bargello quilt patterns" will net you hundreds of images of beautiful bargello quilts.

No comments: