Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Finding Inspiration

Where do you find inspiration?  I thought it would be fun to start a list.  Yes, I'm a list maker.....I make lists for everything.  Actually, I like to start a list....then lose the list.  It works.  Not as well as perhaps making a complete list in a fancy notebook that is always at one's fingertips but better than not trying at all to retain some of the stuff that's important in life.  So here's to the Inspiration List with an addendum of trying to keep track of it.


I find Inspiration in
flowers of any kind, including flowers in a field of weeds
a baby's smile
a funny laugh
clouds
trees with leaves and without
rocks
rock gardens (even though I don't really like them)
cacti flowers and shapes
books, movies, music I like
old photographs
poetry that I've written


You might find Inspiration in
anything Christmas or Easter or other holiday
statues
vases
tiles arranged in beautiful patterns
crosses
calligraphy
Classical Music
anything from long ago
vintage finds

 I love to find Inspiration in
stories from my childhood
magazines
my grandchildren
pretty fruit
weddings 
baskets
photographs
ribbon and lace
quilts
old houses
wrought iron lace
cityscapes


Where do YOU find inspiration?

No comments: