Sunday, December 3, 2017

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: Robot

Front
Richard and I visited our youngest son, Rory, earlier in the week. Seems he was a bit under the weather, so Wednesday we made a quick trip just because retired people can do stuff like that, just, whenever. (It's taking me a little while to get used to being retired.) 

Anyway, just under his newly-built (but still needing concrete) carport was this cute little guy. He's about three feet tall and does nothing except stand sentinel in the front yard. 

Back
Apparently Rory had some sort of water-heater gadget and a few dead wires, etc. hanging around, so he sculpted this Christmas guard for his girls. I don't know what they do with it, but I decided to give it some fame: it gets to be inspiration for today's Sunday Quilt Inspiration. How much fame could a robot sculpture want?

I think my boy has a little of my creativity genes. In fact, they all do, but then maybe they should. 

So robots...
When I started looking, I created a board, because that's what I do with the stuff I find online. Need robot ideas? Go HERE.

 Robot Sculpture Gilroy

STEAM Project Recipes: Insta-Robots and Sewing Art | School Library Journal
A family or an army? I can't decide.

Dachsund found object robot assemblage

Miss Allspice Found object robotGadgets and Gizmos, Orange VBS, DIY, robots, exercise ball, inner tube base, duct tape letters.


These little robots make me smile.


sculpture robot Mr AMPERESFun clock Reminds me of the Exhibition at Shelburne Museum this season called "Time Machines: Robots, Rockets and Steam Punk." Very cool.

Robot Printable Cut outs    DIY Party Decor by TracyAnnPrintables, $6.00

Know what these can be inspiration for? Some quilts!

Chris made this for her grandson from Amy Bradley Designs Robots quilt pattern, love it!

hazel & company: The Robot Quilt with Plans of World Domination {or at least...bed domination?}

Robot Riot quilt pattern from Don't Look Now,  at Pipers GirlsRobot quilt! Adorable!


Upcycled repurposed Blue Denim art robot boys quilt square

..i am consumed with an overzealous love for this particular pattern..only, my robots with be pink.

If I started on this NOW -- 2012, could be done by time baby needs twin size quilt.  LOL

Robot-O-Matic Baby Quilt Pattern Download from ConnectingThreads.com

Robot play mat

Modern Baby Boy Quilt-Robot Nursery Bedding-Toddler Quilt This modern boy quilt features a fun print of multicolored robots and a double border of solid red and black and white polka dots. It is backed in a coordinating grey and white polka dot print. The binding on the edge is a fun, multicolored stripe that matches the colors in the robot print. What makes this item great: ♥ It is fully reversible. ♥ The binding is machine stitched to both sides for durability and style. ♥ It is made usi...

I've pinned most of these quilts to my "baby, quilts" board. It just seemed to make more sense. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Kaja said...

A Christmas robot - I love it!