Monday, October 5, 2020

"The Retreat" ~~ Finished!!

Way back in July of 2019, I attended a quilt retreat in Baton Rouge with other members of the BRMQG. After I got home, I finished up the top and added it to the bin. A couple of weeks ago I dug through the bin and chose this top to quilt. 


A little blue thread, feathers in the border, and some improv quilting.

I don't know what I did unless I really look at the individual motifs. In other words, I just had fun.


The back of the quilt is this solid blue linen and, because it was too small for the top, a plaid flannel. They look good together but I'm not real sure what's going to happen when it gets washed. 

I took lots of photos of the back so that I can go back and look at those motifs because some are new-to-me ideas. 







Quilt Stats


Name:

The Retreat


Size:

48" X 60"


Fabrics:

fabric from stash


Pattern:

my design


Backing:

from stash


Batting:

100% Cotton


Binding:

fabric from stash


Quilting:

improv with various motifs


Completed:

2020

1 comment:

Karen S said...

Lovely to see a finish. The blues and greens are ocean colours to me.
Great to see all the different quilting designs you used.
I think the white border finishes it off well.