Friday, October 2, 2020

"All About the Boxes" ~~ Finished!

  I don't like to call any of my quilt UFOs. That implies that I have no intention of getting back to them. This quilt, however, was at the very bottom of the bin. And has been there for a while. Okay. Years. I don't know how many years, okay. Just a long while.

 But take note, it is out of the bin and complete! Yes, all the way complete. 
          • Quilted ✔ 
          • Bound ✔
          • Labeled ✔ 
          • Washed ✔ 
          • Photographed ✔
It looks pretty good next to my orange Adirondack chair, doesn't it? I have another confession: everything was neatly folded up together, top, backing, and...these large blocks. They didn't match the blocks on the top. I'd have liked to use them to make the top longer. 


I have no idea what the devil I was thinking, so I decided to make a new plan. I stuck them on the back of the quilt. Now, there was enough of this green stripe fabric for the whole back, but I added the kooky blocks, which gave me extra of the green. So I did what any self-respecting quilter would do, I planned it so that I could use the wider stripe as binding. Cut on the 45 degree, it gives an interesting look to edge of the quilt. 
 And just like that, a UFO has all its boxes checked! 




Quilt Stats


Name:

All About the Boxes


Size:

48" X 48"


Fabrics:

fabric from stash


Pattern:

my design


Backing:

from stash


Batting:

100% Cotton


Binding:

fabric from stash


Quilting:

improv with various motifs


Completed:

2020

1 comment:

Karen S said...

Great finish. The greens do look good in this quilt.
Love seeing it hanging in the sunshine.