Sunday, December 4, 2011

Super Saturday bust!

While Richard and I worked my booth at the craft fair during the Natchitoches Christmas Festival, my sister Angie and her crew waited for the parade to begin.  They caught two parades, the lights, the fireworks, and the craft fair.  And we managed to attend four o'clock mass. What a day they had!
Photography by Stacy Burkhart Photography
http://stacyburkhartphotography.weebly.com


Richard and I didn't have such a fun time.  We sat in the booth, which I named "The Cell" from 8 a.m. until well after dark around 6 p.m.  Then we had the joy of packing up almost every item we'd hauled there, breaking down the tables and tent, and hauling everything up a hill about a block and a half away with throngs of people in the way.  


What work!  I did enjoy meeting people and talking about my sewing, but truly, I get enough of that between my quilt guild meetings and you all.


And though I'd love to visit more, I have a final exam to prepare for tomorrow morning, so I must close.   We'll visit later when I'll tell you more of the craft fair.  Hopefully by then Stacy will have put up her photos so I can share them with you.


Thanks for checking in with me.
Happy Quilting,
Mary

1 comment:

jenclair said...

I'm so sorry that the craft experience was a bust. So much effort goes into creating, preparing, and then hanging in the booth for the time and effort not to be worth it.

We have a long way to go on the "buy handmade" front!