Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Pin It Weekly #163



Since I made a few pincushions for my guild meeting, I've been anxiously trying to get back to making a few more. I'm working on a huge king-size quilt for one of the married couples. This is number one of three that I want to make for our kids. That means there's not a lot of time for little projects unless I put that big quilt aside, and I'm trying to not do that. 


Now that is a pincushion I can totally see a use for!  and it won't fall over when you try to put a pin in it!

So when I've been able to steal a bit of time for pinning, I've pinned a few more pincushions...ready for inspiration when I can get to making more. 


Cushions shaped like books!                                                                                                                                                      MorePin cushion with a pocket. Why Not Sew?: Busy Girl Sews Tour

Sit & Stitch Pincushion patternstarry pincushions and wool acorns | crazy mom quilts | Bloglovin’

And I've pinned a few other things, too, most of them are just a few odd pins from all over the place. 


A closer Look by Stephanie Prescott is featured in the new Modern Patchwork magazine . <a class="pintag searchlink" data-query="%23hoffmanfabrics" data-type="hashtag" href="/search/?q=%23hoffmanfabrics&rs=hashtag" rel="nofollow" title="#hoffmanfabrics search Pinterest">#hoffmanfabrics</a> <a class="pintag searchlink" data-query="%23modernbatiks" data-type="hashtag" href="/search/?q=%23modernbatiks&rs=hashtag" rel="nofollow" title="#modernbatiks search Pinterest">#modernbatiks</a> <a class="pintag searchlink" data-query="%23indahsolids" data-type="hashtag" href="/search/?q=%23indahsolids&rs=hashtag" rel="nofollow" title="#indahsolids search Pinterest">#indahsolids</a> <a class="pintag searchlink" data-query="%23modernpatchworkmagazine" data-type="hashtag" href="/search/?q=%23modernpatchworkmagazine&rs=hashtag" rel="nofollow" title="#modernpatchworkmagazine search Pinterest">#modernpatchworkmagazine</a>

Stash busting flags:

Chinese Red bayberry is another local specialty of Ningbo. Red bayberries of Ningbo can be dated to 7000 years ago. Findings at the Hemudu Culture Site showed when Chinese started to eat wild red bayberries, and the planting of red bayberries can be traced back to the Han Dynasty (about 2000 years ago).: Damselflies:


These last two pins are from "Arboles" a board by Mingo Javier, a new follower. It is filled with beautiful flowers, insects and berries. 

Vintage Books in Bluebleu:

From "Azul é a cor mais bonita" Geraldo Keller's blue board. And I'll close with a few pins from Deb Stew's board, "More than one is a collection" board. Oh, you have to visit that one! Makes me want to start my own collection board.


Vintage tools...I love the smell of old tools!  Reminds me of both my mom and my grandfather!

Small Metal School Bells

These are in a 1930s general store museum. Love the Pepsi cola tin!

Finishing tools by Hopkins Rare Books, Manuscripts, & Archives

batik stamps

I hope you enjoyed these pins and visit some of these boards...they are fun!

1 comment:

Kaja said...

One day I will make a pincushion. I always like your pin posts and this time I also had fun following the links to the blue board and more than one is a collection (I want to make that my motto).