Thursday, April 30, 2020

Happenings 'round here

That title makes it sound like there are happenings. They aren't that many, believe me. 


I had promised my sister that I'd make some bed pads to keep at her house. The short version is that another sister suffers from dementia and is living where the pads are going. You get the picture, I'm sure. I got a reminder text this morning and started working on the pads at noon. I chose ugly, heavy fabrics that I'm sure I wouldn't want for a quilt. 


It's not a difficult chore; there are only four pads. I sewed all the fabrics together much like a pieced backing and loaded the longarm just like a regular quilt. I decided to use the opportunity to practice some motifs and that slowed me down. When finished, I cut it into four pads and finished the edges with the lock-stitch machine.

















The other thing slowing me down is Marley. She came by for a sewing lesson and made a pair of shorts. Since it's her first pair, she needed guidance. She's getting really good and will soon be able to complete small projects on her own. 

One other thing happening is that I've been painting again. I'm working on two magnolia paintings and will have something to show you in a day or so. Meanwhile, have a fabulous Friday and weekend!

2 comments:

Karen S said...

There is always something that needs doing when you are a stitcher. Well done getting those tasks done. How lovely to have a little one wanting to sew her own clothes! Perfect.

Mary Marcotte said...

Yes, we stitchers can keep our hands busy, can't we? Marley is a joy in the sewing room. She's so uncharacteristically serious. I suppose the ongoing safety lessons are taken to heart. Thank goodness!