Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Success!


Yes indeed!  Our Prom was a success.  The kids loved the background, there were no major issues, and we closed it down in time to get home for about 2 a.m.  Yeah, that was the hard part....until Sunday afternoon when we had the cleanup to face.  But we faced it bravely and finished the entire cleaning in about five hours.  Sure there were two of us, Richard and I, but we managed somehow to pull everything down, haul out the trash, store the goodies, sweep, mop, and return tables then get home in time to cook a delicious crawfish etouffe supper for our crew of children and grandchildren.

Midnight In Paris Kit, Paris City Lights Decorations KitDon't ask how.....I could not tell you.  I simply kept going and going until it was done.  Tylenol, water and one hard sleep seem to be the only way to recover.  Really, could I be getting too old for this?  I'm beginning to think it's time to give it all to someone younger with good knees.

Okay, so maybe it wasn't exactly like this, but it sure was close and it was beautiful. And the seniors were pretty impressed.

I had hoped to post pics but legally I'd have to get permission forms signed by parents, and that's just not going to happen.  Instead, I've already moved on to preparing for testing.  Tomorrow is my last day to get the materials ready before the checkup crew comes in for an inspection.  So, that's where my money, eggs, and brain are for the next week........one basket filled with testing, testing, testing.

I certainly hope I can find my studio when all this is over!  (My fear is that I'll forget where it is.)

No comments: