Monday, March 3, 2014

A Guild Meeting

We normally have the Monday and Tuesday of Mardi Gras off, but because we lost so many days for the weather, school was in cession today.  I had already scheduled a doctor's appointment, so I took the day off for my appointment and managed to get to the March guild meeting, too.  

It was wonderful to see my quilty friends and to show off the quilts that I've made since my last appearance four or five months ago.  I've missed so much--voting and new officers, interesting speakers, and some fun new activities.  Ah well, a girl's got to work.


Pam shares her string quilt method


Today Allison, from Aunt Nell's Quilt Shop, gave a great talk on string quilts.  Although I've made a few of those, I found her tips pretty interesting, such as starching to help keep bias cuts from stretching and several different layouts.  Later in the meeting Pam added to Allison's string quilts presentation with a few more ideas and tips.  

And, of course, we had a show and tell.  A couple of the quilts that I showed are above, and our talented veep showed this gorgeous French knot quilt that she made for a friend years ago.  

Theresa shows her pink French knot quilt
Of course, my photographs can't do this beautiful quilt justice.  There's a flower design in each square that must have taken a huge amount of time.


All in all, I had a great time.  If you haven't joined a guild yet, rush on over to Cottonport on the first Monday of each month.  We'd love to have you (and I'll see you in June).
Happy Quilting,
Mary

No comments: