Monday, March 10, 2014

Relay for Life Quilt

When our daughter-in-law Stacey sent a Facebook note asking for a small quilt to help her Relay for Life team raise money, I gladly agreed.  I had made this pretty little green quilt some time ago and thought it would be a good one for Relay for Life since the green makes it a bit neutral.


So this morning I took a couple of pictures, wrapped it up and packed it off.  Richard was supposed to drop it off at Stacey's this morning.  I thought I'd share my idea for keeping it clean.  I recently bought new sheets and kept the zippered plastic bag after tossing out the paper.  Since this little quilt will be traveling around to raise money, keeping it clean may be difficult and this should help.  

Of course, I had to fold the quilt up rather tightly to stuff it in, but once it was zipped up it relaxed some.


It's a scrappy, soft little quilt that I made by piecing large sections and straightening/squaring the sides before stitching the sections together.  I didn't have the long-arm at the time, so I quilted it using the specialty stitches on the Bernina.

How about those closed eyes?  90% of my pictures end up looking like this--one of the many reasons I hate taking pictures.
Happy quilting,
Mary

No comments: