Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: N E C K T I E S

How to make a tie... I've been wanting to do this forever!!!: I've begun making a quilt for a customer that incorporates neckties for a deceased family member.  The quilt is to be a gift and she had already chosen both the ties and the pattern that she wants.

When she approached me about making the quilt, I thought that it would be much easier than it is in reality.  In fact, I've restarted several times already.  I think I may have finally figured out the problem and the solution, but I won't know for a few more days. My research turned up some interesting points, however, so I thought I'd share some of those with you.
12 Ways to Upcycle Old Neckties: Jennifer Aldinger Angerame, owner of the Southern Yankee shop on Etsy.com, uses the skinny ends of old ties to make brightly colored key chains. After cutting off the ends, she double-folds them and backstitches in a split key ring from a craft store with her sewing machine. The final product is about three-and-a-half inches long. From DIYnetwork.com:
First the ties.  You may already have ties, but if not they are widely available at thrift stores, flea markets and garage sales.  Don't worry too much about the style or colors.  Anything goes!  

PatternPile.com - Hundreds of Patterns for Making Handbags, Totes, Purses, Backpacks, Clutches, and more. | Thrifty Sewing: Upcycle and Sew a Zippered Necktie Pouch | http://patternpile.com/sewing-patterns:



Google Image Result for http://quiltedwithtlc.com/images/gallery/necktie_quilts/necktie5.jpg:

Custom Necktie Quilt Wallhanging Made from your by QuirkyQuilts. $225.00 USD, via Etsy.:

Artful Ties:

Artful Ties:

Quilt Inspiration: Shirt-and-tie quilts, by Nancy Sturgeon:

Quilt Patterns Using Mens Ties | karen of quilt luver sent me a photo of another quilt she posted about ...:

Men's Tie Quilt Patterns Free | Constantly Quilting: Tie Quilt Finished!:

Tie Quilt | TIE-QUILT.jpg:

men's ties quilt, what a great way to reuse old ties. #quilt #tie #innovative:

This is unusual.:

Dad's Shirts Keepsake Quilt ~ I really like this idea. Wish  had the dimensions of the blocks!

"Gentlemen's Night Out" by Hope Wilmarth | SAQA.  A quilt made with neckties.:
quilt pieced from neckties ....... this site has all kinds of ideas for using men's neckties!:

Tie Quilt this is on my bucket list for hubby:

NECKTIE QUILT:



No comments: