Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: RAINBOW

When Richard and I saw a bright rainbow a few days ago, I realized that I've not considered rainbows as inspiration yet. We can't have something so beautiful left out, now can we? Here we go...a bevy of rainbows for inspiration!

If you take advantage of the back-to-school sales, this would be a fun, inexpensive September craft. This would be cute to break them Off, make a small version and frame it for a kids bedroom!i came up with this on my own so yea its pretty good dont cha think if not yo stupid:

Plummeting Rainbows - Victoria Falls, Matabeleland North, Zimbabwe

Moscow, Russia!!! Bebe'!!! Beautiful colorful jars surround the rustic doors!!!:

The staircase is a major architectural element in any home. It connects the levels but it also has a strong visual impact. It’s a main décor element as wel

Thanks for all of your sweet comments last week on my post about Caroline’s rainbow birthday party. I truly appreciate them. Along with the generous compliments, many of you were … Read More

Double Rainbows . My remolding colors are endless like a rainbow inspired by Olympic Paints and Stains .

Maybe I should get myself a colourful umbrella to make winter more fun.. :)

<a class="pintag searchlink" data-query="%23Rainbow" data-type="hashtag" href="/search/?q=%23Rainbow&rs=hashtag" rel="nofollow" title="#Rainbow search Pinterest">#Rainbow</a> colors ❖de l'arc-en-ciel❖❶Toni Kami Quotes

And a dozen inspiring rainbow quilts...

idea for gradient grid quilt layout:

Scrappy Rainbow String Quilt Top -  the tutorial I used to construct the string blocks over at Film in the Fridge. Or, a similar method is shown in Elizabeth Hartman's book, Practical Guide to Patchwork, under the quilt "Valentine".

Scrappy rainbow quilt Shared by <a href="http://www.nwquiltingexpo.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">www.nwquiltingexp...</a> JOIN US Sept 2014! <a class="pintag searchlink" data-query="%23nwqe" data-type="hashtag" href="/search/?q=%23nwqe&rs=hashtag" rel="nofollow" title="#nwqe search Pinterest">#nwqe</a> <a class="pintag" href="/explore/quilting" title="#quilting explore Pinterest">#quilting</a>

This is always how I see in my mind  a baby quilt that I am working on, with the sweet baby centerd in the middle.   little miss claire's rainbow quilt... ♥

Modern Rainbow quilt by Rebecca Bryan | Blog Hop at Modern Handcraft

I want to make this for sure!!!  ~MAA  Rainbow Bargello - Jelly Roll Kona Roll Up Classic

Rainbows and unicorns

Wow.  Now THAT's a rainbow quilt.  By Wilma Karels.  See the process here ->


These look like strips that are moved down a block and then stitched. It's probably easier than it looks…and it looks terrific!!!

COLOR ME Quilt Pattern PDF by crazyoldladies on Etsy

So gorgeous! QIP (quilt in progress) by Kelie Copas/CraftNurseQuilt

Rebecca's Rainbow Quilt

kitzkatz design: Rainbow Bookshelf Quilt:

You can find these rainbows, and a few more, on my "rainbow, colors" Pinterest board. If you'd like to help find even more rainbows to add to the board, I'll gladly add you to the (soon-to-be) group. Let me know by leaving a comment or email me at mary.marcotte@gmail.com! 

3 comments:

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

It has been a while since I worked on a Raibow / colour wheel project. Your inspirations are lovely!

-Soma

Snowcatcher said...

What perfect inspiration on a rainy evening! Thank you for the rainbow smiles! I want to go sew rainbows now!

Mary Marcotte said...

Oh, great, it sounds as though there will be more rainbow quilts in the world....that can only mean good things to come!

Soma, maybe one for Montague, or one of the other kitties in your life. You and Deborah both have cats on your blogs today. Deborah, I enjoyed the rhyme game. It's a fun challenge!