Monday, February 11, 2019

Cotton Quilters Guild February Meeting


On Monday last the Cotton Quilters met at our usual time and place for a very unusual surprise. I had my friend and fellow-blogger from Quilts and Dogs blog visit with us and present her fabric exploration theory. Wow! She's awesome. 

She has played with fabric more than anyone I've ever met. I can't remember all the ways she colors and works with fabric. Let's see--dyeing, discoloring, discharging, bleach, rusting and using natural materials, such as flowers, fruit and veggies, wood and mud. She also showed some of her quilts.








We easily spent an hour ohh-ing and ahh-ing over her work, but despite how interesting it all was, we had to have a regular meeting.


So two of our members showed us how to make the next blocks for our BOM. Somehow I remembered to have everyone show off their blocks from last month. I wish my blocks were as pretty. The colors are a bit muddy and I'm thinking of making new ones. We'll see if I can pull that off AFTER I make the ones for February.

Cathedral Windows

a four patch of the monkey wrench block
And then we had a show and tell!





If this last one looks familiar, it's because you've seen it before here. I quilted it for Mrs. Bertha back around the holidays. She wanted to show it off to the guild before taking it home to bind and then give to its new owner. What an eventful meeting!


1 comment:

Karen S said...

A fascinating meeting. So many lovely quilts, blocks and ideas.