Monday, February 4, 2019

A New Venture: GSQA ~~ and a finish

The Gulf States Quilting Association (GSQA) is accepting applications for circuit teachers, making this a good time to expand my quilt teaching. I miss the classroom and hope that this will fill some of that need. I truly hope that this pans out and I am able to give more lectures and workshops in our region.  Although I understand they are difficult to get into, I think I'd like to eventually teach at a show like AQS or QuiltCon. 

Years ago (back in the late 1990's) I gave presentations at conferences around the state and country and loved every minute. Until I burned out. Teaching, you see, takes lots of preparation if it's done correctly. It's also difficult to teach high school English, raise three teenage boys and fly around the country to present at conferences. Ah, decisions!


The pictures in this post are of one of my class samples, Dresden Kaleidoscope, that I'll use to teach fabric repeats, fussy cutting, and repeating designs. There are different levels of difficulty built into the quilt so that students begin with an easy concept and move up to the most difficult.  


I'll leave you with a couple more photos of this fun quilt. What do you think? Would this be a class you'd consider taking?



 Your guild or shop could always contact me at mary.marcotte@gmail.com. (Just saying.)



1 comment:

Karen S said...

This sounds like a great idea. Good luck with your plans!