Sunday, February 10, 2019

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: college memories

Having just spent most of my week with a bunch of teenagers who all plan to attend a college, I thought it might be a nice idea to take a look at some of the college memory quilts that are on Pinterest. 

An LSU commissioned quilt for a retiree from her coworkers.
I've made a couple, one LSU and one SLU, which are the first ones on this list. Everything else is just sort of randomly selected and not necessarily on my boards.

Fleur de Lis Quilts and Accessories: SLU Tee-shirt Quilt

Other, randomly selected, college tee-shirt quilts...
I like the mismatched pattern and border around the edges. Also like the black border between shirts and square edge pattern

I am going to do this with all my High School Sports shirts....Neat Idea!   T-Shirt QuiltTshirt quilt tutorials!!! I started mine (Mizzou, too, how funny!) a long time ago, but was only going to sew shirt squares together... I'm SO glad I kept my scraps, because this one looks SO much cooler!! I can't wait to get working on it! :D

Turn your old favourite shirts into a T-shirt quilt! | Craft projects for every fan!

How to Make a T-Shirt Quilt for Beginners a Step-by-Step Guide | FeltMagnet

Turn your old favourite shirts into a T-shirt quilt! | Craft projects for every fan!

How to Make a T-Shirt Quilt for Beginners a Step-by-Step Guide | FeltMagnet

As I leave Beta convention and all of that fun behind me, I can't help but think of all the shirts, and a few jackets, that I got over the years. They won't be in a quilt, though, as I didn't keep any. 

My Honey Bunch: Tutorial for T-Shirt Quilt

If you have a teenager with lots of shirts, you might consider making a quilt that can go off to college. If the young man/woman is already in college, consider asking him or her to keep a few favorite shirts for a college memory quilt. They make great graduation gifts!

No comments: