Monday, June 10, 2019

Baton Rouge MQG June meeting

Lori's quilt
As I've mentioned in the past, the first Monday of the month is a wild quilt ride. Literally so at one point because I drive to Baton Rouge for the Modern Quilt Guild meeting which begins at 6 p.m. and lasts at least two hours. 



Marquita's quillt

So last Monday (it's really been a whole week?) I found myself on the I-10 bridge trying to get into Baton Rouge at 5 p.m. Okay so maybe the "wild" part does not happen while sitting on the bridge. 



Still, it's pretty crazy to be fighting traffic to go into the city at that time of day, right?

Actually a small quilt
Another small quilt by the same maker
I became so enthralled with some of the goings-on that I forgot to take pictures. Nevertheless, I captured quite a few of the show and share quilts. 


Mom of a mom
and daughter team.

Now I still haven't learned all the names, I missed the last two meetings, and Monday we had four guests from Lafayette, so my muddled brain was really fighting to keep up. 


Interesting side note: a couple of months ago we had a drawing for some quilt blocks. To have a chance at winning, we had to put a block in the pot. (I made a block but missed the meeting.) 

Belinda and her tied quilt
Glen, I am thrilled that I was at this meeting, and
 got to see your quilt, because I love this quilt!
















Glen, who blogs at Quilts and Dogs, really wanted to win those blocks, but Luck was not her friend. So she turned things around and made some blocks for herself. That's her quilt on the right above. Glen,  What a brilliant idea to make the pieces larger but still maintain the shapes and overall look of the quilt.



And that about covers it. I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting. Don't you agree that it's worth fighting the I-10 bridge? 

1 comment:

Preeti said...

A feast for the eyes, definitely worth fighting traffic for. Thank you for sharing, Mary.