Thursday, June 27, 2019

Pin It Weekly #283


 At our last BRMQG meeting, one of the ladies talked about making fabric postcards. I decided to play a little with that idea. Then, as I so oft do, I wanted to play more. This time I played on Pinterest. 


 I started out looking for a few ideas and ended with over 250 pins. Organized, into seven sections: food, houses, birds, sea, animals, houses and people. I got a little enthusiastic and had a little time on my hands. 

But since I've done the work. :) I thought I'd share.

Apparently I especially like flowers and birds. I like the way the artist built this gray and blue flower postcard. I hadn't thought of making the fabric section smaller and sewing it on with a single seam around the perimeter. 


Applique Vase of Flowers - Gift - Greeting Card A hand embroidered gift card. This gift is made using 100% linen background with hand cut flowers, hand sewn buttons and embroidered stitching to create the image of a rustic vase of flowers. This product takes quite a while to make,


Handmade sewn thank you card made using Moda fabrics and buttons

These simple but delicate flowers were made by sewing organza onto a canvas background. The finished result is similar to that of a painted picture but far more special and unique. The needle was my pen and the fabric was my paint. This card would shine out from any others in a line up. It would be perfect for framing as a special memento to keep long after the event. Each card is individually handmade by me in my studio so small variations from the one in the photo make it uniquely special. ...

I don't know what I was thinking when I started pinning bird ideas. I must have been on a whimsy kick, because well...look.
Beso de pajaritos

Original Textilkunst Vogel Bild Applique Kunst Handarbeit



Sewn card with buttons- would be great for many occasions


Not every idea is a postcard, either. If I liked it, it's here.
tessituras crafts


desenho da Kajsa Wikman | Flickr - Photo Sharing!



1 comment:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your thread cabinet is wonderful...kudos to hubby!
Yes, I pin some things too and then wonder about them. But these are birds and I never tire of looking at them in all the various ways they get represented. All cute!