Thursday, June 6, 2019

Cotton Quilters Guild June Meeting

Ginni is serious about getting caught up with her
BOM blocks. I think she had more, I just missed them.
Monday was the big day. I have two guild meetings on Monday. It's a day of great fun but also kind of tiring. But it's only once a month and I do get to talk and think and see quilts. All. Day. Long! Aren't ya just a little jealous?

Don't get fooled.
When Grandmay babysits, she also puts you to work.
Some of us are "keeping up" with the program.
Most of the meeting we discussed and made decisions about the upcoming quilt show. I'm pretty amazed at how much I was able to do. I tend to work in spurts. But when it happens, lots happen.

And then came Show and Tell. One of our members has a good friend from South Louisiana who was coming for a visit. So Helen asked her to bring a couple of antique quilts to Cottonport so she could share them with us. First she showed this interesting nine-patch quilt.


Charlene shares one of two antique quilts. What a great surpise!
Then she brought out this beautiful red Dresden. Oh my! What a beauty! 

Some of our members also had things to share. These pieces do not belong to together (the center is already completed) but they are all from Cleo, who definitely has found her style.

I should have taken more photos, but it's difficult to take pics and keep things moving. Mostly I do the latter. It's always a reminder of being in a classroom of teenagers. These ladies have spunk and get excited about quilts!


2 comments:

Preeti said...

Yes, I am jealous. Planning for a quilt show is a huge task with lots of details. Hope you are taking good care of yourself.

Kaja said...

I'm jealous too - this looks such fun.