Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Postcards for ...

At our last meeting the BRMQG folks talked about making quilt postcards. Maybe they are fabric postcards. Either way, I enjoyed the presentation. There was a lot going on, especially since we passed around a stack of, oh, 50ish. 

They were meant to be inspiration. I supposed they were, because the very next day I made these two. They will eventually be mailed (yes, postal service, if you please) to the little granddaughters in Rayne. I have no doubt they will be a hit as anything that arrives through the mail and meant for either one of them is a grand affair.


Note on the red one that I played with one stitch on my machine. I chose that particular stitch because I'd read it is supposed to look somewhat like hand quilting. I played with this stitch by making a change every time a started a new seam. Mostly I increased the length and decreased the width. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the play and seeing the changes in one stitch. After enough of that I drew two lines with two stitches I haven't seen stitched out. 

I love the idea of these! They are quick, fun little projects that allow for play, creativity, and practice. The first one I made is the bird card. You can easily see what I did--things I've done before. I figured I'd start easy. I figure the girls will drag them around for a day or so, stick them on a bulletin board in their "classroom" and eventually lose them. It's quite alright. 


Have you made fabric postcards? If so, please leave a link in the comments. I'd love to see them!





1 comment:

Kaja said...

I did a postcard swap for a year, a long way back. It is a good way to try out ideas without committing lots of time/resources. Have you seen maryandpatch on instagram? She's been doing a postcard a day for 100 days.