Friday, November 15, 2019

Baton Rouge MQG November meeting

I am still playing catch-up for last week. The BRMQG had its November meeting with several show and share ideas. Also, a treat for me, the president brought in a guest from Germany. Bridget and Marquita met in an airport. One had a quilt sticker on her luggage and the other saw it. Of course, they struck up a conversation.
Yvonne's take on a women
in history challenge
 Bridget decided to attend the Houston Quilt Fest and contacted Marquita (they've kept in touch) and the two decided to make a road trip. One from overseas, the other from Louisiana. Awesome, right? 



Also, Marquita has a long-arm and invited Bridget to spend a few extra days at her house and quilt some of her tops. Bridget obliged and came to our modern meeting. 



Sharon's butterfly quilt, made for a friend
Isn't this a great story? I love that quilters are so caring and giving. 
Anyway, the story spoke right to me. You know I approached Bridget after the meeting. She showed me some photos of her work and we "chatted." Another five minutes and I'd have asked her to send them to me so I could share them with you. (I'm perhaps a little bold.) 

The top that Bridget completed while
in BR...or maybe Marquita's



Bridget's sampler quilt
 But I didn't have those five minutes and there was a bit of a language barrier. Bridget speaks English with an accent, but I hear with a country girl, Cajun ear. We made it work, but we struggled. And laughed. Besides I was trying to see as much of her work as the few minutes allowed. I didn't get to the request. There I was, flipping pictures on her phone, asking way too many questions, and then asking her to repeat it. Because, you know, I'm a nut. Do you think she left thinking she was lucky to get away from a fanatical, raving lunatic? (No, really. I read the paragraph. I think I'd be scared of me.)

Lori's most recent finish
Lori's block for a new quilt

Wouldn't you have loved to be there? Even knowing there was a lunatic in the house? 


No comments: