Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Ouch! and the Arts Festival

A front porch with the funniest table and chairs.
Did I tell you about the foot accident? Ah yes, I did here.  In a nutshell: Milly accidentally pushed a hitch out of the truck. Onto my foot. Right on the bone that goes to the big toe. A metatarsal, I'm told. I find out, for sure, whether it's broken on Wednesday.


Today  I'll see a doctor to find out why this shoulder hurts so much. The last time I saw him, he gave me a shot right in the joint. Ouch! It has not helped. I'd take another shot though, if there's a chance it will help. The shot is painful (oh so) but that pain ends in a few seconds. This pain is constant. How's that for attitude?



My weekend was great, though and I'll focus on that instead. I went to the Contemporary Fiber Artists of Louisiana (CFAL) meeting on Sunday. No pictures...I felt that as a guest that would be overstepping. 
Then my little group went to lunch, followed by the Covington Arts Festival downtown. That was great fun. First a delicious Fat Spoon Restaurant salad. Then all manner of inspiration and visual delights at the festival. These pictures are from the festival.

We were a little pressed for time, so we strolled down maybe four or five blocks, each one lined on both sides of the street with vendors, and at sidewalk level were the permanent boutique shops and stores. There were also a few live musicians scattered about and occasional live DIY displays. 



The day could not have been more beautiful: bright sunshine and cool weather. Perfect. 


These are just a few of my favorites. Some artists requested that photos not be taken, others had "No Photography" signs, and some encouraged photos. Where there were no signs, I asked. Now I wish I'd also asked for business cards.


All in all, it was well worth the trip. I'll add it to our calendar to return next year. 

3 comments:

Kaja said...

Oh dear, Mary, I'm sorry to hear you're in the wars, but glad you are fitting some fun stuff in too. I hope the doctors can sort you out quickly.

Karen S said...

A very interesting art display. Always love seeing something different.
Good luck with both shoulder and foot!!

Mary Marcotte said...

I'll just focus on the fun stuff and let the rest work itself out. I hope!
Thanks for visiting.