Sunday, November 3, 2019

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: Houston

What a week! It really began on Wednesday, in a way. Richard had a doctor's appointment for plantar fasciitis. We were loading the grandies into the truck when Meme accidentally stepped on the hitch that was lying on the floor of the truck. It slipped out onto the top of my foot. I've been in a boot since, mostly to protect the foot while traipsing around at the Houston Quilt Show.


Houston began early the next morning. We arrived an hour late because traffic in Lake Charles was crazy slow. The delay may have been a good thing since we closed down the George R. Brown Convention Center (GRB). Dinner at Olive Garden --yummy!-- and we were passed out quite early.
.
The second day at the GRB began at 10:30. We tried to close down the place but just didn't have the energy. That night we ate at Saltgrass Steakhouse --YUM! Another early night.


We drove home on Saturday. I think I'd have liked a few more hours at the quilt show. There were some quilts that I didn't see. 


I made a few mistakes this year. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast and saw many, many quilts. I took about 500 photos! But as we talked about the show on the way home, I realized that there were more quilts I'd have really liked to see.


It's easy to miss a few, even if you go up one aisle and down the next. But strutting around in a boot was exhausting and (sometimes) painful, making the chances of missing something even more likely. 


What I did not miss was the beauty of the city. We drove into and out of the downtown area every day, giving me several chances to click a few pics. I hope you enjoy these. 












I've begun processing the pictures taken at GRB and will post some of those in a day or two. Expect them to be in all of the SQIs and PIWs for the month of November. 



1 comment:

Karen S said...

Regardless of the problems it looks like you had a good time and saw lots. Hope you heal quickly!