Thursday, November 7, 2019

Cotton Quilters' Guild November Meeting

It's November 2019 already and my presidency has come to an end. We'll meet one more time in December for our annual Christmas party, and that's it. We elected new officers who will take over in January. It's been fun and a barrel of laughs but also time consuming. I'll appreciate just showing up at meetings with my quilts. 
Pam showed the goodies she bought at
Quilt Fest in Houston. There were several things
along with the Farm Girl Vintage 2 book and fabric. 
Mostly I'll try to not run things! That's me. Always with an opinion and ready to help. The problem is that sometimes other folks don't want help. I'll have to be mindful of that. Remind me at times, will you please? 


So this meeting was easy. Mostly. We bullied elected officers. I brought up a subject with an ulterior motive that had a great idea behind it. We quickly lost sight of the subject at hand. I kinda  definitely blew that. Everything got tabled, and Mrs. Mary saved me with her fabulous presentation on curved piecing. Bless her heart, she saves me every time. Finally show and tell came up. 

Mrs. Priscilla loves to recycle and
made this pillow from a former skirt.

Smittie showed this beautiful leaf panel.
Check out her quilting on the back!

Mrs. Mary had a couple of "Turning Twenty" quilts that she just finished. Can you believe the difference two colorways make?


I showed two small quilts, one so freshly off the machine that it's not even trimmed and bound. Hopefully you'll see that one finished in a few days. The other one, well, I'm almost certain that I've taken a few pictures of it, but I can't find even one. Hmm. I wonder if I've taken any? Have you seen pics of little blue and white quilt recently? It's part of the MQG rally block study. 

1 comment:

Karen S said...

Enjoy the last of your presidency. It can be very time consuming but also very rewarding.