Saturday, February 8, 2020

Cotton Quilters' Guild - February 2020

Welcome to the February meeting! We have lots going on. I have no idea how Maggie managed to get all this into one meeting. It was definitely fun! We started off by taking care of the business end of things but soon moved on to our January challenge. Each member got to choose a magazine from a couple of stacks that were passed around. Then we were told to turn to page 44. I'm calling it the Page 44 Challenge. Just because, there doesn't seem to be another title. On page 44 we were to find something that could be rendered into a block. (Turn the page if you have absolutely nothing.) I am not participating as I ended up with a mag that didn't spark my interest. I'm a little ashamed but I'll try to contain my regret. Time is too short, don't you think?



 These are the pictures I was able to get. 




Two of our members are participating in block of the month challenges. Irma is on the left and Pam to the right. They caught us up on their progress. 

Our February BOM is the busy bee block. 
And here is something that we're trying in an effort to get some of those UFOs out of the closet and finished. Members were to bring an unfinished project to the meeting, show it, and tell the rest of us what she challenged herself to do. I, for example, brought in the the Sherry Lynn Wood pieces that I wrote about here, explained what it was, and told them my challenge to myself is to return with a completed top. It's possible that some people will get farther than their challenges (I could have a completed quilt) but we encouraged each other to make the challenges possible goals. 

Of course, we had a learning presentation. Irma showed everyone how to make the fat quarter bag, which holds two regular-sized quilts. It uses six fat quarters, two yards of coordinating fabric and heavy elastic. I really want to make one, but where I'll find the time, I don't know.





And we moved on to Show and Share. Some of these may be tops that people brought in for the UFO Completion Challenge. So you may see them again. Can you tell which ones are quilted and bound? 



1 comment:

Karen S said...

What an interesting challenge. Some great results.
Always love to see the show and share.